We’re settling in, cooking, relaxing and exploring the great outdoors with my husband’s family on Madeline Island, WI on Lake Superior. This little pre-winter vacation will culminate on Thanksgiving Day. We’re also looking ahead to the gift giving season that awaits us after the turkey and trimmings have been consumed. So here is my list of 10 great gift items under $75 for the fit lady in your life:
- Sol Dry-Grip Yoga Mat – Made for hot yoga classes but great for any type. It has moisture-wicking features and promises ultra-grip for slip-free poses. It’s also a comfortable 5mm in thickness. Comes in purple, blue or black at Gaiam for $69.98.
- Remarkawool Turtleneck – I love knowing that Athleta’s gear is field tested. Product developers tested this merino wool sweater along the Oregon Coast. Hikes there can switch from warm, sunny vistas to bone-chilling, wooded ruggedness in a matter of hours. The website touts the natural moisture-wicking and temperature regulating qualities of wool as well as the thin and soft characteristics of the merino variety. They recommend this turtleneck be worn as a base layer for camping, hiking or skiing. Available in red, charcoal, black, green and light grey for $69.
- Run With It Gloves – I have last year’s version (pictured right) of these and I LOVE them. They are warm but not bulky. But the best part is the touch sensor technology on the tips of the forefingers and thumbs so they need not be removed if you need to change a song or check your run tracking app on your smartphone. This year’s version includes a reflective panel for extra safety in low lighting. Available at Athleta in black or silver for $39.00.
- Run and Done Toque – Warm and moisture-wicking with a cleverly placed window that accommodates a ponytail. From Lululemon for $32.
- Running Belt – Made by Respiro, this holds a smartphone and has a hidden zippered pocket for cash and ID. Available in four colors from Amazon for $23.90.
- Nike Elite Cushioned Socks – These are the only socks I ever use for working out. They are cushioned and reinforced in exactly the right places. The cushioning is so precise that they are labeled specific for the right and left feet. They are made of moisture-wicking fabric to keep your feet cool and dry. The quarter height is $16 per pair and comes in bright yellow, purple and blue.
- ToeSox Grippy Half-Toe Bella Socks – These yoga socks are super cute and super grippy. Available from Gaiam in pink and gray in several different patterns for $16 per pair.
- Weighted Jump Rope – Great cardio training tool and an essential item for CrossFitters. Amazon offers one made by Strapsnake for $15.88 that has weather-proof handles, removable weights and a carrying pouch.
- Resistance Loop Bands – These are terrific strength and flexibility training tools for the beginner or those recovering from an injury. But they are also handy for experienced exercisers who travel a lot because of their portability. Focus Fitness Gear sells a set of four on Amazon for $12.87.
- Contigo Auto Seal Water Bottle – This is the best re-usable water bottle I’ve ever owned. It truly is leak-proof and has a push-button spout so you can drink from it one-handed. You never have to fiddle with caps or pull-open spouts. And, as if that weren’t enough, it’s super durable and dishwasher safe. They have a number of different sizes and colors available on Amazon. The 24 oz pink one is a steal at $9.89.
I hope this provides a nice head start to your holiday gift brainstorming, especially for those ladies who make fitness a priority. These gifts say you support their quest for a fitter, happier life.
Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and warm Thanksgiving!