One thing fitness pros know is clients will have more success adopting new healthy habits like eating well and exercising if they have supportive family members and friends. If you have a loved one who has recently embarked on quest to get fit, consider giving her a holiday gift that helps her achieve her goals while demonstrating your unwavering love and support.
Here are five ideas to get you started:
- Fitness Journal: Planning, tracking and journaling food intake and workouts is another proven way to boost the odds of achieving fitness goals. Track Your Fitness: Workout Log Book and Fitness Journal and Bodyminder Workout Journal are two examples of fitness planners with good layouts and helpful tips. Price: $15 (Amazon)
- Online Workout Subscription: There are plenty of free workouts available online. But it still remains true you get what you pay for. Beginners tend to need more guidance and personalization than workouts on You Tube can offer. Subscription workout services, like the Daily Burn, offer the convenience of workouts anytime, anywhere with the benefit of live trainers. Price: $20/month (Daily Burn)
- Equipment Sets: Certain types of workouts are enhanced by various props. Yoga and Mat Pilates are two such examples. Price: $20-30 Mat Pilates Set and $40-50 Yoga Set (Amazon)
- Workout Clothes: The right attire can make all the difference in terms of comfort and confidence. This is one area where it’s worth it to pay a little more for good quality. Athleta, Lululemon and Title Nine are all known for their high quality exercise attire for women. There’s no shame in giving a gift card so you can stay within your budget and she can get exactly what she likes and needs. Price: varies
- Membership or Pack of Classes: If she’s already discovered the perfect gym that offers exactly what she likes, gifting her with a full or partial membership is a terrific gesture. On the other hand, she could still be searching for just the right workout for her. In that case, purchasing a pack of group classes at a local studio or a few sessions with a personal trainer would be a great idea. Price: varies
Be a champion for the ones you love with gifts that promote health and well-being.